YOUR ARMY NEEDS YOU.
The Army is more than just combat; it’s a place to do something that really matters. As part of the Royal Logistic Corps, our Drivers play an essential role in transporting soldiers and supplies across the world. Whether driving through desert, jungle, snow or on mountain roads, it’s down to them to make sure their cargo – from people, to ammunition, to rations and equipment – make it to their destination safe and sound. Join them and you’ll reach heights you never knew existed and learn vital skills that’ll set you up for life.
By joining our team, you’ll have the chance to see the world and experience real adventure in a fast-paced and exciting role. From quad bikes to Heavy Goods Vehicles, we’ll train you on a range of vehicles and provide you all the support you need to realise your potential in one of the most important roles across our ranks. This is your chance to do something that really matters.
Find where you belong.
Join us and you’ll start by learning the soldiering skills common to every member of the British Army, like outdoor survival and the safe handling of weapons. Then you’ll learn the specialist skills that will make you an expert in your role. Over 17 to 24 weeks, you’ll learn about different vehicles, cross-country driving, convoy driving, navigating, loading, driving at night and more.
The Army can help you gain a range of qualifications. These could include:
• Level 2 Certificate Logistics & Transport
• Affiliate Member of Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport in the UK
• Level 2 Apprenticeship Driving Goods Vehicles
• Opportunity to gain higher level qualifications
• Level 5 Diploma in Logistics and Transport
SHOW PEOPLE WHAT YOU’RE CAPABLE OF
We'll be with you every step of the way as you move up the ranks. From the moment you begin your training you'll get all the support and encouragement you need to make a success of your career. Work hard and you'll soon get promoted, which means more responsibility and extra pay.
Become a Driver and you’ll:
- Earn a starting salary of around £15,600 during Basic Training which will rise to £20,000 after completing 26 weeks’ training or after completing your Initial Trade Training, if less than 26 weeks
- Receive subsidised accommodation and facilities, increasing your disposable income
- Receive free medical and dental health cover
- Have the continuous access promotional opportunity and to continually progress your career
- Be sponsored to earn valuable civilian-recognised qualifications
- Take part in Adventurous Training and be able to play your favourite sports.
BELONG TO SOMETHING THAT MATTERS
You should be:
• Regular Army age: 16.6 – 35.6 years
• Army Reserve age: 17.9 - 49.11 years
Qualifications you’ll need:
No formal qualifications required.
• Mid-thigh pull of 46kg
• Medicine ball throw of 3.1m
• 2km run in 11min 15 sec (11 min 30 sec for Junior Entry)
Interests you’ll have:
• Decision making & responsibility
• Outdoor activities
• Working outside
Our next deadline for application is 30th September 2019, with further opportunities ongoing throughout the year.
FIND WHERE YOU BELONG >